Tuesday, February 9, 2010

You want me to drink what?!?!?!


Okay I agree, the first time I saw a commercial for Yakult probiotic drink, I was skeptical. In fact I think my exact words were "What the hell is that?". I had never seen it before anywhere. I don't even know how long it has been in the US market..it could have been here for 50 years before I ever knew it. What I did know is that I wanted to try it. So I knew probiotics are supposed to be good for you but I never really understood why. Probiotics are a naturally occurring bacteria, but the good kind not the cooties kind. The kind that you want in your body, your digestive tract to be exact. "I don't have any digestive problems though," okay, kinda the point but not really. When you take good care of your digestive tract it takes care of you. The probiotics help your body to absorb nutrients from the food that you eat better, meaning , that broccoli you just choked down will actually do some good. So now that you are absorbing the nutrients that you need your overall health will improve. Now, I am definitely not a scientist or doctor of any sort but what I can tell you is that is sure does taste good! I don't know what probiotics taste like but it must be a melted push pop because that's what Yakult tastes like. MMM MMM good. So, do yourself a favor and get yourself a pack of Yakult. Try it out see if you like it. I drink one a day, even if it doesn't do all it says it will for you, at least you have a new yummy drink!

No comments:

Post a Comment